Faculty Academic - Mathematics Scholarship
This scholarship has been developed to recognize outstanding Mathematics students at Schoolcraft College.
The Mathematics Faculty Academic Scholarship awards $500 to a student registered for the Winter 2021 semester for 6 or more credit hours.
- Pursuing mathematics coursework at Schoolcraft College.
- Completed at least 12 credit hours at Schoolcraft College before the start of the current fall semester.
- Have at least a 3.0 Schoolcraft College cumulative grade point average.
- Must have successfully completed at least 67% of all attempted credits.
- Including transfer credits, may receive aid for up to 90 credit hours at the community college level.
- Will have completed at least 2 Mathematics courses at the 100 level or above at Schoolcraft College by the end of the current fall semester.
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.25 in Schoolcraft College Mathematics courses at the 100 level or above.
- Will enroll in at least 1 Mathematics course at Schoolcraft College during the winter semester of the award period.
- Will submit a typed statement describing history, intentions and goals.
- Complete the Mathematics Scholarship Supplemental Questions in addition to Faculty Academic Scholarship application.
- Supplemental Questions
- I have completed at least 12 credit hours at Schoolcraft College before the start of the current Fall semester.
- I am pursuing mathematics coursework at Schoolcraft College.
- I will have completed at least 2 Mathematics courses at the 100 level or above at Schoolcraft College by the end of the current Fall semester.
- I will enroll in at least 1 Mathematics course at Schoolcraft College for the upcoming Winter semester.
- List all mathematics courses that you have completed or in which you are currently enrolled at Schoolcraft College. Include: Course, Grade, Instructor and Semester (e.g. Fall '11)
- What is your grade point average in Schoolcraft mathematics classes?
- What is your overall grade point average (all Schoolcraft classes) ?
- Please attach a carefully-written typed statement about why you feel you deserve the Mathematic Faculty Scholarship. Please contact the Writing Fellows if you feel that you need help with the mechanics of the paper. Consider including details about: (1) Your educational history (2) Your educational and career goals (3) How you envision mathematics playing a role in your life (4) Any special obstacles that you have overcome (5) Contributions to mathematics education at Schoolcraft College (such as tutoring, peer-assisted learning [PAL], collaborative learning groups, participation in the AMATYC Student Math League Contest, participation in the Math and Physics Club, honors projects, contributions to The Right Angle, work on the display case or bulletin boards, etc.) (6) Plans to take more mathematics classes at Schoolcraft College
- By submitting my Faculty Scholarship application, I am authorizing the college to release information about me and my essay (if applicable) to internal and/or external media, with the potential to be published.
- Show 4 more