Faculty Academic - Sociology and Social Work Scholarship
This scholarship has been developed to recognize outstanding Sociology students at Schoolcraft College.
The Sociology and Social Work Faculty Academic Scholarship awards $500 to a student registered for the Winter 2021 semester for 6 or more credit hours.
- Schoolcraft College scholarship opportunities are available for those admitted as regular students and are working toward a “Traditional Degree” or “Certificate” program. Guest, Dual Enrolled/Special High School, and Non-Degree students will not be considered for scholarship opportunities available through this online application.
- Completed at least 12 credit hours at Schoolcraft College before the Fall 2020 semester of the award year.
- Have at least a 3.0 Schoolcraft College cumulative grade point average.
- Be enrolled in (verified by professor), or have completed at least 3 credit hours in Sociology at Schoolcraft College.
- Have at least a 3.25 grade point average in Sociology courses (to be verified by transcripts and/or your current instructor).
- Submit an original 400-word-minimum original essay or other media (video, Power Point or poster) with the scholarship application on some type of inequality, or previous course work on the same topic.
- Supplemental Questions
- I am currently enrolled in or have completed at least 3 credit hours in Sociology at Schoolcraft College
- I have completed at least 12 credit hours at Schoolcraft College before the start of the current Fall semester.
- Submit an original 400-word-minimum essay or other media (video, Power Point or poster) with the scholarship application on some type of ethnocentrism, or previous course work on the same topic
- By submitting my Faculty Scholarship application, I am authorizing the college to release information about me and my essay (if applicable) to internal and/or external media, with the potential to be published.